Hackathon 2017Lux Future Lab » Hackathon 2017
Put together the creativity, agility and resourcefulness of tech entrepreneurs with the insights and skills of BNP Paribas experts to create the best solutions.
For BNP Paribas, being the bank for a changing world means anticipating changes and transforming them into opportunities for our customers. We know that amazing things come up when you work in a team, that’s why we want to team up with the best startups worldwide.
WHAT MAKES THE BNP PARIBAS INTERNATIONAL HACKATHON SO SPECIAL?
The weekend is just the beginning…
The International Hackathon program is a close collaborative partnership between talented startups and BNP Paribas.
Challenge 1: Imagine True Digital User Experience to fulfill a life project, a goal oriented solution for the end user (not product oriented)
simple, flowless, fun, user experience, efficient, trustfull, graphic, user friendly, video, co-browsing, simulation tool, subscription forms, empowerement, credit, savings, projects, builder, prefill, document upload, dynamic, stickyness, engaging, efficiency.
Personal Loans are not well known while they help most consumers to achieve their projects (buying a car, redesign a kitchen, refurnish an appartment, finance a study abroad…) and in that sense it also contributes strongly to the health of the local economy. Yet, consumers search online, compare and expect to be able to get a true flowless experience with instant subscription or online decision in comparison to eCommerce. Customer also care about achieving their goals, not the product.
Create the best user experience for the following digital services (your choice):
– Manage your Goals: What is your goal? How your banking partner can help you to achieve it? Dynamic graphs vizualization, enter your goal and let us help you plan the best way to achieve it (ex product mix: savings + crédit can be the solution).
– Reinvented Simulation Tools: multi products, simple, dynamic, efficient/engaging and fun.
– New Subscription forms or process to subscribe: make it easy and more user friendly… as these steps (end to end data capture and document upload) are key to get decisions/scoring in order to fulfill the financing project.
Challenge 2: Imagine additional services (complement) that BGL BNP Paribas could offer to its customers even non bank services
customer, added value services, budget management, loyalty, cards payment, community, blogs, forums, exchange, peer to peer, assistance, life project, futur, empowerement, ideas, participation, gamification, new, non bank services, trust, reputation.
– Imagine a new service that facilitates personal or professional projects set up or management with time lines, alerts, suggestion tools or recommendations (are you going abroad? are you moving into a new house? do you want to set up your own company? …) to create value between the banking partner and the customer/prospects (user).
– Reinvent a loyalty program to create stickyness between a customer and its banking partner.
– Could we imagine to be able to exchange, discuss or get advise across a community whichever format (blogs, forums), to design services that could be suggested and tested (new ideas generator).
RULES FOR THE INTERNATIONAL HACKATHON WEEKEND
Team size: A maximum of 7 members are allowed per team
Simple and Valuable: Think a minimum viable product (MVP) which answers one of the challenges (or several as applicable). Don’t forget Sunday afternoon will be dedicated to pitch coaching session so make sure your solution is ready in 36 hours.
Deliverable: Demo the app or the digital solution you hacked during the International Hackathon weekend.
Intellectual Property Rights: All elements related to the International Hackathon remain the property of their respective authors… the startups!
Participation Agreement: Each legal representative of each team must sign up and upload the Terms & Conditions. prior to the International Hackathon Weekend.
PRIZES AND SELECTION PROCESS
Weekend winners will receive a cash stipend per team at the end of the weekend as well as access to a 10-week co-working phase for project maturation.
Selection criteria: value created, relevance to the challenges, operational feasibility, technical execution, inventiveness and originality, team effort and spirit, financial viability.Weekend winners will be selected by a panel of BNP Paribas top managers and external Fintech experts.
During the co-working phase local BNP Paribas teams will select the best solutions that will be pitched at the Demo Day in Paris, in front of BNP Paribas Executive Committee.
Selected teams will have the opportunity to continue the implementation of their solutions and to start a new partnership with BNP Paribas.
Finalist from the Demo day will receive a cash prize and will have the opportunity to meet top executives from BNP Paribas.